Thursday 9 February 2012

Ignored Letter



Dear J.
Now that you are going to replace me - no, sit down again please; you are going to address your actions; I will have done with this business - now that you are going to replace me, you have an obligation to fulfil. I must not be told that 'I am replaceable'. No. Such a demand must not be among the natural order of demands. No. As you allow yourself to become more and more intimate with this - other, you must write me letters, yes that is what you must do, write me letters, listen: tell me, in writing, that i am not replaceable, tell me several times a week, at least two times, and tell me in what ways i can never be replaceable; you can go into as much detail as you like, I assure you; find them out, thinking about them will help you to understand how nobody is replaceable and help you to clarify my separateness; you do see, don't you, that everyone has many qualities, thousands is my guess, which no-one else can copy; you do see that no-one can be replaced. And yes I had almost forgotten - hah! the most important thing of all and I almost forget it - you must tell me how intimate you are becoming and, this is the most important of all, the minute you first make love to him, you must rush from beneath him, rush across the room to where the paper and pen is, even if he is still out of breath, and write it out to me then! Then! After that, make excuses, say anything, run out of the house and post it to me. You must do these things. I am telling you. You must.

No comments:

Post a Comment